The fastest and easiest way to find a friend on Instagram is by typing their username into the search bar. However, if you don’t know their username, it can be challenging to locate their profile. Entering their name into the search function might not work as well as you might think because, with over a billion users, chances are, there are other Instagrammers with the same name.
Fortunately, you can use their phone number to find them. The advantage of using this method is that phone numbers are unique and should point you directly to the person you are looking for. This step-by-step guide will show you how to find someone on Instagram using their phone number.
How to Find Someone on Instagram Using Their Phone Number
The primary goal of social media platforms like Instagram is to allow users to connect. One way to do this is by searching for people using their phone numbers. For this method to work, the person you are looking for must be registered on the platform using the same number. The steps outlined here will show you how to use this technique.
- Ensure that the person’s number is saved on your phone.
- Open Instagram and click on your profile icon in the bottom right corner of the page.
- Tap the menu located in the top right corner of your profile page.
- Press “Discover People” and then “Connect,” which will be next to “Connect Contacts.”
- In the pop-up window that appears, hit “Allow Access.”
- Scroll through the list of names displayed in the “Suggested for you” window.
- Click on the username of the person you are looking for.
You have now found your friend on Instagram using their phone number.
How to Find Someone on Instagram Using Third-Party Programs
There are several online services that you can use to find an individual on Instagram using their phone number. Most of them are free to use and should give you detailed information on the person you are looking for, including their social media accounts. Check out some of them here.
With BeenVerified, you can easily find information about the person you are looking for, including their address, what property they own, and their social media account details. It’s a powerful tool that will provide a detailed report on the individual’s public information. Let’s look at how to use it.
- Head to BeenVerified on your browser.
- Type in the person’s details, including their name and phone number.
- A report will be generated that should contain their Instagram profile.
- Go to Instagram and look up your friend with the information provided.
You have now found someone on Instagram using BeenVerified.
With PeopleLooker, you can easily find someone’s social media profile. All you have to do is provide the information you have on hand, such as their name and phone number. The program will then generate data that includes the person’s age, address, social media profiles, and even criminal records. The more information you have on someone, the easier it will be for PeopleLooker to find them. This is how to use the platform.
- Open your browser and go to the PeopleLooker website.
- Input the person’s information and press “Search.”
- Click “Someone Else” then wait for PeopleLooker to generate the report and scroll through for their Instagram profile details.
- Go to Instagram and enter their username in the search bar.
You have now used PeopleLooker to find someone on Instagram.
With the help of Spokeo, you can use an individual’s phone number to find their personal information. It allows you to see details about the person, including their social media profiles, email addresses, court records, and more. The steps shown here will guide you on how to use Spokeo.
- From your browser, head to the Spokeo website.
- Enter the phone number of the person you are looking for and press “Search Now.”
- Look through the report generated to find the Instagram profile you are interested in.
- Go to Instagram and search for the individual using the information you acquired from Spokeo.
Spokeo has now enabled you to find someone on Instagram using a phone number.
How to Find Someone on Instagram Using Facebook
Facebook is another avenue that you can use to find someone on Instagram. Here’s how to do that.
- Go to Facebook and add the person to your friend list.
- Open Instagram and click on your profile in the bottom right corner.
- Press the menu located in the top right corner of the page.
- Tap “Discover People” and then the “Connect” button next to “Connect to Facebook.”
- Log in to your Facebook account when prompted.
- Scroll through the profiles displayed on your Instagram page to find the person you are looking for.
You have now found your friend on Instagram using Facebook.
How to Find Someone on Instagram Using a Photo
The Google reverse image search can come in handy when looking for someone on Instagram. If you have their photo, this is how to find them on the platform.
- Save the photo to your computer.
- Navigate to Google and tap “Images.”
- Press the camera icon and select “Upload an Image.”
- Click “Choose File” to upload the photo to Google.
Google will display results that should include the Instagram page of the person you are looking for.
How to Find Someone on Instagram Using a Mutual Friend’s Profile
If you don’t have a person’s phone number or username, you can use a mutual friend’s profile to find them on Instagram. This is not a very efficient method, but it can be helpful if you have a couple of mutual friends on the platform.
Go to your mutual friend’s Instagram profile and look at their list of followers. Next, scroll through this list until you find the person you are looking for. You could also browse through posts and comments to see if your friend’s profile has been tagged. This can take a while but will likely be proven successful in the end.
How to Disable Contact Syncing on Instagram
Finding someone on Instagram using their phone number may require you to sync your contacts with the platform. If you have already found the person you are looking for, you may no longer want this information available on the social media platform. Here’s how to disable contact syncing to limit Instagram’s access to your contact list.
- Launch Instagram and tap your profile picture in the bottom right corner.
- Press the hamburger menu at the top of the page and hit “Settings.”
- Navigate to “Account” and scroll to the contacts syncing option.
- Toggle the button to the OFF position to complete the process.
Your contacts will no longer sync with Instagram.
The Search Ends Here
Trying to search for someone on Instagram can be frustrating. With so many people on the platform, thousands of individuals have identical names, making it hard to find the person you are looking for. However, if you have their phone number, you can use this unique identifier to look up their social media account. This guide shows you how to do that, enabling you to connect with whoever you like.
Have you used a phone number to find someone on Instagram? What method did you use? Let us know in the comments below.