A CLEVER Sky TV hack is perfect if you’re always forgetting the names of movies.
It lets you quickly track down a movie simply by using a famous quote.
You simply use the voice control function on your Sky remote.
Press the microphone button and then say the famous quote.
For instance, saying “You can’t handle the truth!” will bring up A Few Good Men.
And “My Precious” will get you The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.
There are dozens of quotes that you can try the feature with.
And it’s perfect if you can’t remember the name of the movie you’re looking for.
You might also know a famous quote but never knew which movie it was from.
So it’s a great way to unlock some classic movie trivia.
But note: the movie will only appear if it’s available on Sky at that time.
Movies come on and off Sky every so often, so the feature might not always work.
In that case, you’ll simply have to turn to Google.
Sky movie quotes list
Here are some of the movie quotes you can try…
- 42nd Street “Sawyer, you’re going out a youngster, but you’ve got to come back a star!”
- A Few Good Men “You can’t handle the truth!”
- A League Of Their Own “There’s no crying in baseball!”
- A Streetcar Named Desire “Stella! Hey Stella!” “I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.”
- Airplane! “Surely you can’t be serious!” “I am serious… and don’t call me Shirley.”
- All About Eve “Fasten your seatbelts. It’s going to be a bumpy night.”
- Animal Crackers “How he got in my pajamas I’ll never know.”
- Annie Hall in “La-dee, la-dee”
- Apocalypse Now “I love the smell of napalm in the morning.”
- Apollo 13 “Houston, we have a problem.” “Houston, we’ve had a problem” “Houston, we’ve had a problem.”
- Auntie Mame “Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!”
- Avengers: Endgame “I need three gazillion heroes”, “I need four gazillion heroes”, “I need five gazillion heroes”, “Bring me Mjölnir”
- Beyond The Forest “What a dump.”
- Bonnie And Clyde “We Rob Banks.”
- Bumblebee “Show me four broken toys”
- Casablanca “Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.” “Play it, Sam. Play As Time Goes By.” “Round up the usual suspects.” “We’ll always have Paris.” “Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.”
- Chinatown “Forget it, Jake, it’s Chinatown.”
- Citizen Kane “Rosebud.”
- Cool Hand Luke “What we’ve got here is failure to communicate.”
- Dead Poets Society “Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary.”
- Die Hard “Yippee-ki-yay”
- Die Hard “Now I have a machine gun, ho ho ho!”
- Dirty Dancing “Nobody puts Baby in a corner.”
- Dirty Harry “You’ve got to ask yourself one question: ‘Do I feel lucky?’ Well, do ya, punk?” “Do you feel lucky, punk?”
- Dog Day Afternoon “Attica! Attica!”
- Dr. Strangelove “Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!”
- Dracula “Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make.”
- ET The Extra-Terrestrial “ET phone home.”
- Field Of Dreams “If you build it, he will come.” “If you build it, they
- Frankenstein “It’s alive! It’s alive!”
- Funny Girl “Hello, gorgeous.”
- Game of Thrones “winter is coming”
- Gone With The Wind “Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.”
- Grand Hotel “I want to be alone.”
- Incredibles 2 “we need elastigirl”, “you have powers”
- Jaws “You’re gonna need a bigger boat.”
- Jerry Maguire “Show me the money!” “You had me at hello.”
- Jingle all the way “Jingle all the way”
- Knute Rockne All American “Tell ’em to go out there with all they got and win just one for the Gipper.”
- Lampoon’s Animal House “Toga! Toga!” “Bluto.”
- Little Caesa “Mother of mercy, is this the end of Rico?”
- Love Actually “show me christmas favorites”
- Love Story “Love means never having to say you’re sorry.”
- Marathon Man “Is it safe?”
- Mary Poppins Returns “We need the world’s most famous nanny”
- Mary, Queen of Scots “Two quarreling queens”
- Mean Girls “on Wednesday we wear pink”
- Midnight Cowboy “I’m walking here! I’m walking here!” “Ratso.”
- Mommie Dearest “No wire hangers, ever!”
- Moonstruck “Snap out of it!”
- Muppet Christmas Carol “Bah Humbug!”
- Network “I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not going to take this anymore!”
- Now, Voyager “Oh, Jerry, don’t let’s ask for the moon. We have the stars.
- On The Waterfront “You don’t understand! I coulda had class. I could have been a contender. I could’ve been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am.”
- Poltergeist “They’re here!”
- Psycho “A boy’s best friend is his mother.”
- Rocky “Yo, Adrian!”
- Scarface “Say ‘hello’ to my little friend!”
- Shane “Shane. Shane. Come back!”
- She Done Him Wrong “Why don’t you come up sometime and see me?” “Why don’t you come up and see me sometime.”
- Some Like It Hot “Well, nobody’s perfect.”
- Sons Of The Desert “Well, here’s another nice mess you’ve gotten me into!”
- Soylent Green “Soylent Green is people!”
- Star Wars “May the Force be with you.”
- Sudden Impact “Go ahead, make my day.”
- Sunset Boulevard “I am big! It’s the pictures that got small. “I’m ready for my close-up, Mr. DeMille.” “All right, Mr. DeMille, I’m ready for my close-up.”
- Taxi Driver “You talking to me?”
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day “Hasta la vista, baby.”
- The Godfather II “Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.”
- The Graduate “Mrs. Robinson, you’re trying to seduce me. Aren’t you?
- The Grinch “You’re a mean one, Mr. Grinch”
- The Grinch “Take me to Whoville!”
- The Jazz Singer “Wait a minute, wait a minute. You ain’t heard nothin’ yet!”
- The Lego Movie 2 “Two worlds colliding”, “Three duplo aliens!”, “Three lego aliens!”
- The Lord Of The Rings: Two Towers “My precious.”
- The Maltese Falcon “The stuff that dreams are made of.”
- The Pride Of The Yankees “Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth.”
- The Sixth Sense “I see dead people.”
- The Terminator “I’ll be back.”
- The Treasure Of The Sierra Madre “Gold hat.”
- The Wizard Of Oz “I’ll get you, my pretty, and your little dog, too!”
- Titanic “I’m the king of the world!”
- Top Gun “I feel the need – the need for speed!” “Goose.”
- Wall Street “Greed, for lack of a better word, is good.”
- When Harry Met Sally “I’ll have what she’s having.”
- White Heat “Made it, Ma! Top of the world!” “Cody.”
- Yankee Doodle Dandy “My mother thanks you. My father, thank you. My sister, thank you. And I thank you.”
Best Phone and Gadget tips and hacks
Looking for tips and hacks for your phone? Want to find those secret features within social media apps? We have you covered…
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at email@example.com