The January 20 Warzone 2 and Modern Warfare 2 update brought several bug fixes and a slight change to the Battle Pass in Season 1 Reloaded.
The Call of Duty team across Warzone 2 and Modern Warfare 2 rolled out a surprise update on January 20. While the update was a minor one it addressed several of the games’ bugs that had been plaguing players since the start of Season 1.
With major changes set to arrive in Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 Season 2, the devs are working to improve the overall performance quality across both the multiplayer and the battle royale experience.
Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2 Battle Pass changes & bug fixes
Since the start of Season 1, Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 players have complained about the subpar navigation of the Battle Pass. While the new concept was praised, players often encountered freezing while navigating the Battle Pass.
The devs have addressed this issue with “Improved navigation of [the] Battle Pass including fixes for some Players experiencing freezing.”
Furthermore, the devs looked to eliminate several of the bugs that players have been experiencing across Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2.
One of the major issues involved constant game crashes: “This update contains several fixes to reduce the number of known crashes. We continue to prioritize increased stability and crash fixes across all platforms.”
Almost all of the update patch notes focus on bug fixes and you can take a look at all of them down below.
Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2 January 20 update patch notes
- This update contains several fixes to reduce the number of known crashes. We continue to prioritize increased stability and crash fixes across all platforms.
- Battle Pass
- Improved navigation of Battle Pass including fixes for some players experiencing freezing.
- Introduced a new feature to highlight any unspent Battle Pass tokens.
- Fixed an issue that caused multiple speaker names to persist on the screen when four or more players were talking in chat.
- Fixed an issue that caused a visual error with the Combat Knife in the Armory.
- Fixed an issue with directional navigation for progression in Gunsmith.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to move the text on Attachments in Gunsmith.
- Fixed some issues that could cause menus to close out unexpectedly.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the Player’s screen to turn black when exiting the Firing Range.
- Fixed an issue that caused previewing a desired Bundle in the Store to show incorrect content.
- Fixed a visual issue causing rainbow colors when navigating between menus quickly.
- Fixed a UI issue that showed all Operators using the same execution.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the Player’s screen to turn black while navigating the Store.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the Store Bundle purchase cinematic to replay multiple times.
- Fixed an issue that would display the “Toronto Ultra” Bundle after a purchase despite purchasing a different Bundle.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused melee kills not to track.
- Fixed an issue with tracking distance of Longshot Challenges when opponents were using Last Stand Perk.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented match wins from counting towards Calling Card Challenges.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to earn XP when damaged by their own Suppression Mine.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to maintain the effects of Dead Silence or Battle Rage by purchasing a new Field Upgrade while another was already active.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to gain XP when using a Stim in the Gas.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to freeze and disconnect a Player, or cause loss of functionality, after interacting with a Loadout Crate.
- Addressed a number of issues impacting functionality and flow of equipping, swapping and previewing Insured Slot Weapons.
- Fixed an issue where opening a medium or large Backpack’s Weapon slot initially blocks scrolling back down to the main Loadout items.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to duplicate items.
- Fixed an issue causing party members to appear as “Not Ready” while preparing for a match.
- Fixed a bug where items from a Player’s Backpack would show up in a Dead Drop.
- Fixed an issue where hovering over a locked Contraband gun does not update the Weapon information in the UI preview.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to persist beyond the intended match end time.
- Fixed a bug that allowed two players to get items from the same Supply Drop at the same time.
- Fixed an issue where pressing down on the scoreboard moves the cursor by two.
- Addressed an exploit allowing blocked attachments to be equipped.
- Fixed a UI bug in the Store that caused Free Bundle tags to stay on the screen across other items.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when leaving the Firing Range with a secondary weapon equipped.
- Fixed an issue where some players did not receive the Anime Enjoyer sticker after purchasing the Notice Me 1.0 bundle.
- Fixed an exploit allowing access to non-Core MP maps in a Private Match.
- Fixed a bug where weapons that had a receiver manually changed in Gunsmith could not be equipped in DMZ.
For more, check out how the Warzone 2 devs confirmed the return of the 1v1 Gulag in Season 2.
Image Credit: Activision