The 2022 Game Awards Nominees

Sony Interactive Ent., From Software

The nominations for this year’s 2022 Game Awards have been announced with “God of War Ragnarök” topping the list with a total of ten nominations.

The PlayStation exclusive comes ahead of “Elden Ring” and “Horizon Forbidden West” which both landed seven nominations each. “Stray” followed with six and “A Plague Tale: Requiem” with five.

All five will compete for the highest honor of Game of the Year alongside Nintendo’s “Xenoblade Chronicles 3”. Other multiple nominees include “Neon White,” “Immortality,” “Sifu,” “Tunic” and “Gran Turismo 7” and “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge.”

Voting is now open on the show’s website with a jury deciding 90% of the voting and the public the remaining 10%. This year’s event will introduce the Best Adaptation award which recognizes screen adaptations of games.

The Game Awards will be streamed live from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles on Thursday, December 8th.

Game of the Year
A Plague Tale: Requiem
Elden Ring
“God of War Ragnarök”
“Horizon: Forbidden West”
Stray
Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Best Game Direction
Elden Ring
“God of War Ragnarök”
“Horizon: Forbidden West”
“Immortality”
Stray

Best Narrative
A Plague Tale: Requiem
Elden Ring
“God of War Ragnarök”
“Horizon: Forbidden West”
“Immortality”

Best Art Direction
Elden Ring
“God of War Ragnarök”
“Horizon: Forbidden West”
“Scorn”
Stray

Best Score and Music
Olivier Deriviere (“A Plague Tale: Requiem”)
Tsukasa Saitoh (“Elden Ring”)
Bear McCreary (“God of War Ragnarök”)
Two Feathers (“Metal: Hellsinger “)
Yasunori Mitsuda (“Xenoblade Chronicles 3”)

Best Audio Design
“Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II”
Elden Ring
“God of War Ragnarök”
“Gran Turismo 7”
“Horizon: Forbidden West”

Best Performance
Ashly Burch (“Horizon Forbidden West”)
Charlotte McBurney (“A Plague Tale: Requiem”)
Christopher Judge (“God of War Ragnarök”)
Manon Gage (“Immortality”)
Sunny Suljic (“God of War Ragnarök”)

Games for Impact
“A Memoir Blue”
As Dusk Falls
“Citizen Sleeper”
Endling – Extinction is Forever
“Hindsight”
“I Was a Teenage Exocolonist”

Best Ongoing Game
Apex Legends
Destiny 2
“Final Fantasy XIV”
Fortnite
“Genshin Impact”

Best Indie
Cult of the Lamb
“Neon White”
“Sifu”
Stray
Tunic

Best Debut Indie
“Neon White”
“Norco”
Stray
Tunic
“Vampire Survivors”

Best Community Support
Apex Legends
Destiny 2
“Final Fantasy XIV”
Fortnite
No Man’s Sky

Best Mobile
Apex Legends Mobile
“Diablo Immortal”
“Genshin Impact”
“Marvel Snap”
Tower of Fantasy

Best VR/AR
“After the Fall”
Among Us VR
“Bonelab”
“Moss: Book II”
“Red Matter 2”

Best Action
Bayonetta 3
“Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II”
“Neon White”
“Sifu”
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge

Best Action/Adventure
A Plague Tale: Requiem
“God of War Ragnarök”
“Horizon: Forbidden West”
Stray
Tunic

Best Role Playing
Elden Ring
“Live a Live”
“Pokémon Legends: Arceus”
“Triangle Strategy”
Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Best Fighting
“DNF Duel”
JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle R
The King of Fighters XV
“MultiVersus”
“Sifu”

Best Family
Kirby and the Forgotten Land
LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
Nintendo Switch Sports
“Splatoon 3”

Best Sim/Strategy
“Dune: Spice Wars”
Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
“Total War: Warhammer III”
“Two Point Campus”
“Victoria 3”

Best Sports/Racing
“F1 22”
“FIFA 23”
“NBA 2K23”
“Gran Turismo 7”
OlliOlli World

Best Multiplayer
“Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II”
“MultiVersus”
Overwatch 2
“Splatoon 3”
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge

Most Anticipated
“Final Fantasy XVI”
Hogwarts Legacy
“Resident Evil 4”
Starfield
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Best Adaptation
Arcane: League of Legends (Netflix)
Cyberpunk: Edgerunners (Netflix)
“The Cuphead Show!” (Netflix)
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Paramount Pictures)
Uncharted (Sony Pictures)

Innovation in Accessibility
As Dusk Falls
“God of War Ragnarök”
“Return to Monkey Island”
“The Last Of Us Part I”
“The Quarry”

Best Esports Game
“Counter-Strike: Global Offensive”
“DOTA 2”
“League of Legends”
“Rocket League”
“Valorant”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *